sorry about the bad quality but here it is!!
Tuesday tips — Costume Design 101.
Costume design is a very important part of character design. It tells you a whole lot about your character; ie. age, personality, what she/he likes, time period, strength, … etc. It supposed to enhance a character’s personality.
Here are my process in tackling costume design.
1. Find a good reference. Inspiration is key!
2. Look for a good shillouette that is recognizable and different from other characters.
3. Pick one shillouette and find smaller shape within. Do tons of variation and have fun.
4. Color variation. Use variation the same color combination for all the design. Keep it simple!
5. Finish up and have fun. It will also a good idea to think of texture and material.
Something for my feminist theory class.
I’d love to see the reactions to this from a crowd. I can kind of imagine a quiet, solemn understanding from the ladies and a lot of confused questions from the guys… If my memory of art school serves me.
I’m a guy and I just sort of paused and stared in silent horror because of what must it be like to carry all that with you. I can see this being a real setup for someone’s keys and that saddens me.
I actually had to sit and think a second to see what all of these even were :/
the thing that looks like a cat is actually a form of brass knuckles. add to that the whistle, not found on most men’s keychains, and it tells a very scary story using no words at all.
Fine, detailed and subtle animated artwork created by New York illustrator Rebecca Mock. Apparently the animated gif back to stay, gradually more and more people are exploring this old format and customers asking for shouting. Several of these illustrations were created for the New York Times or The Warlus magazine.
1) thumbnail and sketch; I do all of my thumbnails before sketching pages if at all possible! this is important to keep the flow consistent, so you’re in the same mindset all in one go. sketches are also important to do in one go if at all possible (or over the course of days if you’re like me and have to sketch 40 pages or more per chapter haha)
2) some values put down, with the sketch on a layer mode to add some dark values in; i pick from these later
3 + 4) i pick two hi-sat colors to place on top of the work, being careful to have places that overlap for nice color mixing and for nice colors to draw from later with the color picker
5) i only start rendering when I spot enough interesting colors everywhere that I think I can finish the page with those colors alone!
Piotr Stachiewicz (Polish, 1858-1938)
12 months - full set from “Boży rok”, where each illustration was based on proverbs and saints associated with the month.
Luna and Cho /talking/ about nargles during class.
I can’t write dialogues lmaoI really want this (friend)ship to exist.
She-Ra: Princess of Power
Why is Swift Wind pink?
Because this was scanned from the She-Ra Magazine (Spring 1986) which bases all of its images off the toy line and not the cartoon. You will note that She-Ra’s sword is also an odd shape - like the toy.
My complete Jungle Book series, based on several characters from Rudyard Kipling’s stories. This represents about a year’s worth of loving labor.
"Hannibal did this to me…"
My entry for the contest. Will and the stag were drawn in my sketchbook then scanned in to be combined into one piece. I would’ve liked to have had a little more time to plug away at everything because holy hell that deadline was the shortest ever am i right ANYWAYS WILL IN A STRAIGHT JACKET SESSY TIMES GUYS SEASON TWO GUYS ITS COMING ARE YOU READY IM SO EXCITED I KEEP WATCHING THE TRAILERS OVER AND OVER AND THERES AN ANNOUCEMENT COMING ON TUESDAY WHAT COULD IT BE?!?! ARGH! NBC BE GENTLE